Picture of the year.... someday liberals will get it....

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
nolaxride
Global Moderator

Re: Picture of the year.... someday liberals will get it....

Post by nolaxride » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:50 am

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:47 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:48 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:44 pm
Tejanochimbo wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:32 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:42 am
Tejanochimbo wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:39 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:30 pm
facebook_1518903644872.jpg
► Which regulations do you most dislike?

Do you disagree with that cartoon? Yes or no?
► I don’t know. You’d have to cite me the regulations you dislike
What's the point? Texas has less regulations and taxes than California. I noticed you only wanted to pick the regulations part and not the tax part.
I noticed you refused to answer the question. Like always.
I'm not talking to you.
I don't care who you are talking to. This is a public message board. So, what regulations do you dislike?
It's not just naming them, but what is their impact and cost?
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator

Post by Bigbaddoe » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:34 am

nolaxride wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:50 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:

What's the point? Texas has less regulations and taxes than California. I noticed you only wanted to pick the regulations part and not the tax part.
I'm not talking to you.
I don't care who you are talking to. This is a public message board. So, what regulations do you dislike?
It's not just naming them, but what is their impact and cost?
The impact is easy. Look at WI, MI, and PA. It could be argued that they swung the election.
0 x

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:03 am

nolaxride wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:13 pm
ROTLFMAO... a three-year-old article? And if we're to believe that article, CA should be in dire shape. If we are to believe this article, for the last three years CA would have been shedding jobs and companies.

So why are they still in business? If they're doing everything wrong why are is their GDP still 500 BILLION bigger than TX? Why is their budget balanced and TX is running a deficit? 6 billion upside down and CA is projected to have a surplus.

How is that?
Here we go again..... nobrain moving the goal posts. "what is the significance of what happened 2 years ago?".

What a dipstick. They have a surplus, you said it!!! Where did that come from??? Those taxes you claim don't exist!!!!

WTF has changed, moron??? Are you denying that Kalif isn't a red tape, tax & regulate state???

Calif also takes up practically the whole west coast, moron.

Companies have left there. Some "don't mind" to take a loss just to be in that state.

"but but but it's a 3 year old article". What a putz.
0 x
☪ Because I respected him [McCain '08] and felt he was better qualified for the job [than my hero 0bama], evilcommie

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:05 am

Bigbaddoe wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:

I'm not talking to you.
NOVEMBER 12, 2015 WAYNE WINEGARDEN NORTHBAY BIZ
The regulatory burden in California continues to grow. Minimum wage increases—which simultaneously raise costs on businesses and harms many low-wage workers and consumers—have passed in Los Angeles and San Francisco. California is also pursuing regulations that would reduce the viability of Uber and Lyft, the popular ride-for-hire services revolutionizing how people commute. These regulations are just two of California’s many regulatory diktats that are burdening the state economy.

In contrast to California’s approach, states such as Texas, North Dakota and Virginia impose regulations that aren’t overly burdensome and, therefore, encourage economic growth and development. There are important lessons that California can learn from these pro-growth states.

A study I recently completed for the Pacific Research Institute, the 50 State Small Business Regulation Index, compares all 50 states based on the impact from each one’s regulatory environment on small businesses. The Index creates a common platform, based on 14 regulatory components, to compare each state’s regulatory burdens on small businesses to highlight which regulatory environments are associated with slower small business growth, and which regulatory environments are associated with more robust small business activity.

The study focuses on small businesses because, while regulations are an impediment to economic growth, they’re particularly problematic for small businesses that lack the scale to efficiently manage the administrative burdens and finance the higher costs created by onerous regulations.

The 10 lowest-ranked states (California was the worst) scored poorly across most of the 14 regulatory components measured in the Index. It isn’t surprising that these bottom-ranked states experienced significantly slower small business growth compared to the top-ranked states.

For instance, average annual small business payroll growth between 2002 and 2011 (the latest data available) in the states ranked in the top third was 3 percent—nearly double California’s average annual small business payroll growth of 1.6 percent. The same pattern held for average annual growth in employment—small business employment in the states in the top third grew 0.1 percent per year compared to a decline of 0.8 percent per year in California.

So what’s California doing wrong?

First, and perhaps most important, none of the lowest-ranked 10 states in the Index, including California, is a right-to-work state. Right-to-work laws have a statistically significant and positive impact on economic growth—studies continually show that states with right-to-work laws experience faster growth than states without them. The top regulatory reform priority for California should be to pass right-to-work laws.

The bottom-ranked states, as a group, also burden their small businesses with excessive family leave mandates, larger energy regulatory burdens, stricter land use regulations and more expensive workers compensation regulations (except for Oregon).

Surveys continually find that regulations, such as those currently promulgated by California, are a top concern for small business owners. While the consequences are evident when comparing the health of the small business sector in California to the top-ranked states, the damage extends further.

Small businesses are a vital growth engine for the economy. The Small Business Administration (SBA) estimates that between 1993 and 2011, small businesses created 64 percent of all new jobs in the United States. Beyond being a driver of jobs, small businesses are also a driver of productivity growth. According to the SBA, small businesses develop more patents per employee than larger businesses, and the patents small businesses develop tend to be more significant than large-firm patents.

Given small businesses’ traditional role as the economy’s innovators and job creators, and the economy’s current lack of job and innovation growth, the growing regulatory burdens on small businesses are disconcerting.

The 50 State Small Business Regulation Index highlights an important part of the solution to California’s current growth quandary. As opposed to expanding anti-growth regulations, California needs to implement broad-based reforms across all of the regulatory areas covered in the Index and implement the pro-growth regulations promulgated by the top ranked states. Such reforms will improve the incentives to start and run a business in California and reinvigorate economic growth throughout the state.

DO YOU DENY THE ORIGINAL POST?
0 x
☪ Because I respected him [McCain '08] and felt he was better qualified for the job [than my hero 0bama], evilcommie

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:06 am

0 x

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:08 am

nolaxride wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:38 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:

You're right. So why is CA's economy doing better than TX's?
Because Kalif is "cool". Everyone wants to live there, and not Texas. Kalif controls the entire west coast, Texas has part of the gulf.

Did I answer your dumb question?

Do you still deny there is no red tape in Calif, and high taxes? Go ask someone who lives there. Go ask the mom & pop businesses there.
0 x

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:10 am

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:33 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:11 pm
thelionofthenorth wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:02 pm
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:

He's been taking his shadow snipe-hunting on that question for years: he'll never answer it.
Why are people and businesses leaving en-masse that state?

Nice, ly'in chatting with a terrorist sympathizer.
And once again BDS admits that he doesn't know what he's talking - and doesn't realize that he's admitting it.
Once again, ly'in has nothing but his vague retorts. Numary was right about you.
0 x

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:12 am

nolaxride wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:26 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:

He doesn't want to deal with the fact that he hasn't a clue.
What ever you say, ass.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... 07ts18N7CM
Last edited by barrysoetoro on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:26 am

nolaxride wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:38 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:

You're right. So why is CA's economy doing better than TX's?
I can post these all day long. nobrain denys that taxes & regulations in calif exist:

Another Big Company Departs California — Will Last One To Leave Shut The Lights?
TERRY JONES
2/03/2017

Nestle USA is moving its headquarters from Glendale, Calif., a pocket suburb just miles from downtown Los Angeles, to Rosslyn, Va., near Washington, D.C., and taking 1,200 California jobs with it. Why? As many companies have found, California is an awful place to do business.

The $26-billion-a-year food conglomerate is discreet, of course, about its reasons, citing a desire to be closer to its core customers and other bland corporate pabulum. But the fact is, Nestle and its corporate brethren in California that actually make things are overtaxed and overregulated, and elected officials treat them not as honored members of the community but as rapacious pirates.

A Glendale official, for instance, blithely insisted Nestle's departure was no big deal, but rather an "opportunity." Some opportunity.

Though Nestle has offered jobs to their affected California employees in far-off places like Missouri, Ohio and Virginia, the city seems to think it will be able to fill their own Nestle job void by growing the high-tech job base.

"We just completed a study two weeks ago, which shows that we have more than 1,000 businesses in Glendale that are tech-focused," said Darlene Sanchez, Glendale's deputy director of community development. "We'd like to see some more co-working space that would cater to this burgeoning technology industry that has organically grown here."

Meanwhile, Virginia pulled out all the stops to get Nestle to come, offering tax incentives worth some $16 million. Glendale says it didn't even find out about the move until Wednesday. But there were signs it wanted to leave. Glendale did nothing, as far as we can tell.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:51 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:03 am
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:13 pm
ROTLFMAO... a three-year-old article? And if we're to believe that article, CA should be in dire shape. If we are to believe this article, for the last three years CA would have been shedding jobs and companies.

So why are they still in business? If they're doing everything wrong why are is their GDP still 500 BILLION bigger than TX? Why is their budget balanced and TX is running a deficit? 6 billion upside down and CA is projected to have a surplus.

How is that?
Here we go again..... nobrain moving the goal posts. "what is the significance of what happened 2 years ago?".

What a dipstick. They have a surplus, you said it!!! Where did that come from??? Those taxes you claim don't exist!!!!

WTF has changed, moron??? Are you denying that Kalif isn't a red tape, tax & regulate state???

Calif also takes up practically the whole west coast, moron.

Companies have left there. Some "don't mind" to take a loss just to be in that state.

"but but but it's a 3 year old article". What a putz.
You do have an issue with comprehension. Please point to where I said CA didn't have taxes or regulations? I'm not moving the goalposts, I'm pointing them out to you.

And yes, CA does take up a good portion of the West Coast. What does that mean? Texas is still larger.

Even with the taxes and regulations, CA is still a much bigger economic engine. Yes, some companies have left, and others have arrived. And, more importantly, many new startups have been formed. And in spite of the building boom, quality manufacturing space is still hard to find.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx