why do the republicans always get blamed for govt shutdowns?

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
I am Z
Global Moderator

Re: why do the republicans always get blamed for govt shutdowns?

Post by I am Z » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:27 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:25 pm
I am Z wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:20 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:02 pm
I am Z wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:30 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:50 pm
I am Z wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:43 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:33 pm
45 of 51 Republicans voted for the CR. Until that number is 51 of 51 this is on the GOP.

that's obviously, your best shot.

it appears that you're saying that the democrats can't possibly or shouldn't vote with a majority of republicans and reach across the aisle unless the republicans are 100 % behind the bill.

wow.

talk about a party line voting expectation and then, axin' for help from the other side.

do you not understand that there are extremes on each side?
I hope that's not your best shot. It's some weak ass scheiße.

"It appears that you're saying..." Nope, I said what I'm saying. What are the odds that you're going to get bipartisan buy in on a bill when you can't even get your own party to? Slim and none. So how you can blame the minority party when the majority party couldn't even come together for it? Oh yeah, because you're a partisan stooge.

You don't even have party-line voting yet. lmao

Do you understand that compromise is what passes legislation when you don't have the votes from your own party?
I was being nice when I said "it appears...."

let me be more blunt. that is exactly what you're saying. that moderates in both parties shouldn't reach across the aisle at all.

the republicans have to have 100% of their side on board, including those who are out there...... in complete lockstep like the dems did with ACA.

it's stupid. it's un-American. moderates from both parties ought to work together when the opportunity presents itself because the idiots like al franken, fredricka Jackson get in the way.
You weren't being "nice". You were being wrong.

Moderates did reach across the aisle and a bipartisan agreement was reached. Your Cheeto in Chief rejected it. That's how we ended up with what he have. A bill that not even all the Republicans got behind, but it's the Dems fault that 15 of them didn't. You partisan stooges are funny.
i think I know when I'm being nice or not.

you never did explain that wonderful compromise that L Graham and the dems presented POTUS. lol.
lol that's quite the nit your picking there.

One would think that anyone with even a little intellectual curiosity would have read about the compromise that was presented to the Cheeto by now, but I highly doubt anyone is going to accuse you of being intellectually curious.
still dodging the question, then. got it.

it must have been a real winner!

:lo2l:
1 x
it's official....leader Pelosi's grandson hates his skin color. leader Pelosi approves that message

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:59 pm

I am Z wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:27 pm
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
45 of 51 Republicans voted for the CR. Until that number is 51 of 51 this is on the GOP.

it appears that you're saying that the democrats can't possibly or shouldn't vote with a majority of republicans and reach across the aisle unless the republicans are 100 % behind the bill.

wow.

talk about a party line voting expectation and then, axin' for help from the other side.

"It appears that you're saying..." Nope, I said what I'm saying. What are the odds that you're going to get bipartisan buy in on a bill when you can't even get your own party to? Slim and none. So how you can blame the minority party when the majority party couldn't even come together for it? Oh yeah, because you're a partisan stooge.

Do you understand that compromise is what passes legislation when you don't have the votes from your own party?

let me be more blunt. that is exactly what you're saying. that moderates in both parties shouldn't reach across the aisle at all.

the republicans have to have 100% of their side on board, including those who are out there...... in complete lockstep like the dems did with ACA.

it's stupid. it's un-American. moderates from both parties ought to work together when the opportunity presents itself because the idiots like al franken, fredricka Jackson get in the way.

Moderates did reach across the aisle and a bipartisan agreement was reached. Your Cheeto in Chief rejected it. That's how we ended up with what he have. A bill that not even all the Republicans got behind, but it's the Dems fault that 15 of them didn't. You partisan stooges are funny.

you never did explain that wonderful compromise that L Graham and the dems presented POTUS. lol.

One would think that anyone with even a little intellectual curiosity would have read about the compromise that was presented to the Cheeto by now, but I highly doubt anyone is going to accuse you of being intellectually curious.

I haven't avoided any questions. Links have been provided for you to learn about the offer. Did you want me to come over and read them to you?
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:03 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:59 pm
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

wow.

I haven't avoided any questions. Links have been provided for you to learn about the offer. Did you want me to come over and read them to you?

when someone asks you a question about what YOU think...do you usually provide links?

say it isn't so!
0 x
it's official....leader Pelosi's grandson hates his skin color. leader Pelosi approves that message

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by chucky » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:24 pm

I am Z wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:03 pm
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

wow.

when someone asks you a question about what YOU think...do you usually provide links?

say it isn't so!
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:10 pm

I am Z wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:03 pm
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

wow.

say it isn't so!
On a message board, yes. What I think about it is irrelevant to the fact that a bipartisan deal was made, offered, and then rejected by Trump. You know, that whole "moderates" reaching across the aisle thing that you mentioned.
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:16 pm

Maybe the best thing to come out of this fiasco is that the Republicans in Congress now know that they can't count on tRump for anything, they know that he is a faithless, bumbling negotiator as well as a textbook example of Dunning-Kruger incompetence.

Maybe they'll suck it up and make the effort to govern by themselves: of course, that would require that they cooperate with Democrats, and I'm not sure they can bring themselves to that.
0 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.