FLASHBACK: SH*THOLE muslim zeroBOWma called this African nation a “sh*t show”

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
illeatyourdates2
Get in my Belly!

FLASHBACK: SH*THOLE muslim zeroBOWma called this African nation a “sh*t show”

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm

FLASHBACK: Obama called this African nation a “sh*t show”

January 12, 2018

by Stephen Dietrich, Associate Publisher

President Donald Trump allegedly referred to some poor African nations as “sh*tholes” on Thursday — and in response, the mainstream media has whipped itself into a frenzy.

“Unpresidential!” cable news hosts have cried. “Racist,” “bigoted,” “impeachable!” liberal journalists have screamed.

So, where was this hysterical outrage when former President Barack Obama referred to one third-world African nation as a “sh*t show”?

Talking to The Atlantic in 2016, Obama talked about the degrading situation in Libya and blamed U.S. allies for sad state of affairs.

Obama called Libya a “mess” — and later explained that he specifically meant it had become a “sh*t show” that was too caught up in African tribalism for their own good.

“Mess is the president’s diplomatic term; privately, he calls Libya a ‘$#@% show,’ in part because it’s subsequently become an ISIS haven — one that he has already targeted with air strikes,” Jeffrey Goldberg reported in the Apr. 2016 edition of Atlantic Magazine. “It became a $#@% show, Obama believes, for reasons that had less to do with American incompetence than with the passivity of America’s allies and with the obdurate power of tribalism.”

This wasn’t some obscure statement that we’ve cherry-picked, either.

This was The Atlantic’s cover story for the month, and was widely covered in the British press and some American outlets because Obama placed the blame squarely at the feet of the United Kingdom’s former Prime Minister David Cameron. That very same month, The Horn News reported that Obama’s actions in Libya had led to the rebirth of the African slave trade.

So… where was the outrage? Where was the angry accusations of racism because Obama had turned a blind eye to the enslavement of thousands of Africans? Where was the media’s fury that he’d dismissed a country where the African slave trade was flourishing as nothing but a “sh*t show” and that he blamed both American allies and African “tribalism” for the problem?

I’ll give you a hint: There was no outrage. Zero. None.

The silence from the left on Obama’s comments was deafening — and the media’s uneven response is undeniable proof that they’ve lost all credibility.

Imagine if Trump did the same? For just a moment, envision the response if Trump publicly blamed our allies and African tribalism for the rebirth of the black slave trade in a “sh*t show” of a country?

There’d be riots in the streets!

Democrats have stoked the flames of anger against Trump, too.

For example, Rep. Elijah Cummings tweeted —

So lets be fair. How did Cummings react to Obama calling a third-world country a “sh*t show” on Twitter?

He never once mentioned it.

How convenient.

READ TWEET:

https://thehornnews.com/flashback-obama ... -sht-show/

:angel:
1 x

Pete
Site Admin

Re: FLASHBACK: SH*THOLE muslim zeroBOWma called this African nation a “sh*t show”

Post by Pete » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Thats different
1 x
I find it difficult to sit still in one place and impossible to sit still in two places----Brother Theodore

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Re: FLASHBACK: SH*THOLE muslim zeroBOWma called this African nation a “sh*t show”

Post by thelionofthenorth » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:18 pm

The difference between "$#@% show", meaning the temporary situation in Libya, and "$#@% hole", meaning the permanent status of the entire country, escapes Cons.

So does the difference between "privately" and "in a meeting". Too complicated for 'em, I guess.

And, of course, the difference between tRump's actual quoted words, and Goldberg's paraphrasing of Obama's, is far too subtle for Rightie knuckle draggers determined at all costs to defend the Orange Boor.

Even as a deflection, this was a feeble attempt, and a complete flop.
1 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.

evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by evilconempire » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:18 pm

It is different. He didn't call the country a "$#@% hole." He called the conditions in the country after the fall of Gaddafi a "mess." One guy, Goldberg, claims he used "$#@% show." Even if he did, at least he has the sense to use it in private.

“So we actually executed this plan as well as I could have expected: We got a UN mandate, we built a coalition, it cost us $1 billion—which, when it comes to military operations, is very cheap. We averted large-scale civilian casualties, we prevented what almost surely would have been a prolonged and bloody civil conflict. And despite all that, Libya is a mess.”

Mess is the president’s diplomatic term; privately, he calls Libya a “$#@% show,” in part because it’s subsequently become an isis haven—one that he has already targeted with air strikes. It became a $#@% show, Obama believes, for reasons that had less to do with American incompetence than with the passivity of America’s allies and with the obdurate power of tribalism.
1 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:58 pm

That wasn't too hard.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 pm

did I miss something? one referred to a country and one referred to a continent.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:42 pm

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:18 pm
The difference between "scheiße show", meaning the temporary situation in Libya, and "scheiße hole", meaning the permanent status of the entire country, escapes Cons.

So does the difference between "privately" and "in a meeting". Too complicated for 'em, I guess.

And, of course, the difference between tRump's actual quoted words, and Goldberg's paraphrasing of Obama's, is far too subtle for Rightie knuckle draggers determined at all costs to defend the Orange Boor.

Splitting hairs escapes Tards. Oh yeah, Obama your hero left Libya in good shape.
1 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:43 pm

evilconempire wrote:
It is different. He didn't call the country a "scheiße hole." He called the conditions in the country after the fall of Gaddafi a "mess." One guy, Goldberg, claims he used "scheiße show." Even if he did, at least he has the sense to use it in private.

“So we actually executed this plan as well as I could have expected: We got a UN mandate, we built a coalition, it cost us $1 billion—which, when it comes to military operations, is very cheap. We averted large-scale civilian casualties, we prevented what almost surely would have been a prolonged and bloody civil conflict. And despite all that, Libya is a mess.”

Mess is the president’s diplomatic term; privately, he calls Libya a “scheiße show,” in part because it’s subsequently become an isis haven—one that he has already targeted with air strikes. It became a scheiße show, Obama believes, for reasons that had less to do with American incompetence than with the passivity of America’s allies and with the obdurate power of tribalism.
Kind of like Haiti after the hurricane. Obama's apologists hard at work.
1 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:15 pm

^^ ROFC . ^^ROFC
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:14 am

barrysoetoro wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:42 pm
thelionofthenorth wrote:
The difference between "scheiße show", meaning the temporary situation in Libya, and "scheiße hole", meaning the permanent status of the entire country, escapes Cons.

Splitting hairs escapes &$%@#. Oh yeah, Obama your hero left Libya in good shape.
Blaming Obama doesn't excuse d⌀tt@rd donnie... more to the point, why don't you call d*tt@rd donnie on his racism?
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius