should ESPN fire jemele for calling POTUS a white supremacist?

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!

should ESPN fire Jemele Hill for calling Trump a white supremacist?

yes
44%
no
56%

Total votes: 9

I am Z
Global Moderator

Re: should ESPN fire jemele for calling POTUS a white supremacist?

Post by I am Z » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:07 pm

stuporstitionist wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:37 pm
It was just locker room talk.

it's a pity that you don't know the difference between locker room talk and slander
0 x
of course, the term :lo2l: --"people of color" means the same thing as "col0red people"

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:14 pm

The White house just said she should lose her job for criticizing Trump.

This is wrong in SOOOOO many ways.

First, the White House is going after a private citizen for voicing her opinion.
Second, the optics are terrible: "Trump is not a white supremacist and we at the White House believe that the Black woman who said so should pay for it with her job."

Third, just yesterday the White House said yet another political opponent (this time Comey) should be prosecuted.

Authoritarianism is here.
0 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:15 pm

I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:07 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:

it's a pity that you don't know the difference between locker room talk and slander
Ain't slander if its true, and the White House calling for a black woman to lose her job over her White Supremacy opinion supports her case.

If saying uncomplimentary things about a President was a firing offense, Fox News would have been entirely depopulated by Spring 2009, and NBC would have fired Trump. Of course the Obama White House never asked NBC or Fox to fire anyone.
0 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:24 pm

stuporstitionist wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:15 pm
I am Z wrote:
stuporstitionist wrote:

Ain't slander if its true, and the White House calling for a black woman to lose her job over her White Supremacy opinion supports her case.

If saying uncomplimentary things about a President was a firing offense, Fox News would have been entirely depopulated by Spring 2009, and NBC would have fired Trump. Of course the Obama White House never asked NBC or Fox to fire anyone.
I'm not sure you could be more morose, even if you tried.

it's not "uncomplimentary, dolt....it's wrong, it's low class, it's slander because it isn't true, she needs to have the same punishment meted out as ESPN routinely administers to whitey.
0 x
of course, the term :lo2l: --"people of color" means the same thing as "col0red people"

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:09 pm

I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:24 pm
stuporstitionist wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:15 pm
I am Z wrote:
stuporstitionist wrote:

I'm not sure you could be more morose, even if you tried.

it's not "uncomplimentary, dolt....it's wrong, it's low class, it's slander because it isn't true, she needs to have the same punishment meted out as ESPN routinely administers to whitey.
Funny how Trump didn't go after, say, David Remnik for publishing this:

Or the economist or Time

Funny how White Supremacists think Trump is one.

Funny that Trump didnt call for Paul Ryan to step down when be called Trump racist.

Oh, and if you are referencing Curt Schilling. He had a history of offensive remarks and had been previously suspended. Guess you dont want her to get the same opportunity for a second, third, or fourth chance as they gave whitey.

Olbermann got lots of second chances too. Why shouldn't she?
1 x

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:45 am

For those keeping score at home, Trump calling for the job of a citizen who criticizes him ACTUALLY IS censorship.

And Z, this is exactly what the First Amendment to the Constitution was written to prevent.
1 x

illeatyourdates2
Get in my Belly!

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:10 am

September 13, 2017 By Kirsty Jane
ESPN’s Jemele Hill calls President Trump a ‘white supremacist’ after comparing cops to ‘SLAVE PATROLS’ during Kaepernick rant

ESPN’s Jemele Hill is under fire once again for her controversial comments.

13jemele

The SportsCenter co-host has been slammed for describing President Trump as ‘a white supremacist’ in a post on her Twitter page.

Sarah Sanders says she should be fired!

From The Daily Mail

The sports commentator ignited the social media tirade Monday during a conversation regarding ‘racist’ singer Kid Rock’s potential Senate run.

Hill transferred the conversation over to the President, writing in fiery tweets: ‘Donald Trump is a white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/ other white supremacists,’ Hill said.

‘The height of white privilege is being able to ignore his white supremacy, because it’s of no threat to you. Well, it’s a threat to me.

‘Trump is the most ignorant, offensive president of my lifetime. His rise is a direct result of white supremacy. Period,’ she added, alongside a message calling him a ‘bigot’ after.

‘He is unqualified and unfit to be president. He is not a leader. And if he were not white, he never would have been elected.’

The comments, which have since been taken down, received backlash and praise.

ESPN PR addressed the matter Tuesday afternoon, citing the remarks were ‘inappropriate,’ uncalled for, and not a reflection of the network’s views as a whole.

In the Twitter statement, ESPN wrote: ‘The comments on Twitter Jemele Hill regarding the president do not represent the position of ESPN. We have addressed this with Jemele and she recognizes her actions were inappropriate.’

Just weeks ago, Hill was slammed for comparing police officers to the ‘slave patrols’ that enforced discipline on pre-Civil War plantations.

Hill made the remarks in late July on Twitter again, echoing comments made by the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback, Colin Kaepernick.

Hill was lamenting that Kaepernick, who has struggled to find a new contract after making repeated headlines for his protests against the treatment of non-whites, had not been signed by the Baltimore Ravens.

The Ravens, looking for a passer after quarterback Joe Flacco suffered a back injury, instead signed complete unknown David Olson, who completed three passes in college and most recently played arena football in Kansas City.

‘Oh and ICYMI, the Ravens signed a dude who quit football to be a realtor and played in 2 games in college over a Super Bowl QB,’ Hill tweeted, referring to Kaepernick’s starting quarterback role in the 2013 season, in which the 49ers lost the Super Bowl to the Seattle Seahawks.

‘I feel like it’s been forgotten that he basically called (all) cops ‘slave patrol.’ I mean, that’s pretty inflammatory,’ responded Nathanael Johnson, offering a possible rationale for the Raven’s decision.

In June, Kaepernick, responding to the jury verdict that acquitted the police officer who shot Philando Castile, posted a picture that showed similarly shaped badges reading ‘Runaway Slave Patrol’ and ‘Police Officer’.

Slave patrols were groups of white men who used force and violence to impose discipline on the black slave populations of antebellum plantations in the southern states.

‘Inflammatory, but historically accurate,’ Hill responded to Johnson’s comment, endorsing the comparison.

Johnson replied: ‘There’s historically truth there, yes … but is it fair to say now to all the cops, esp when many minorities serve?’

Amid subscriber losses, ESPN has increasingly been accused of pushing a ‘liberal’ political agenda, accusations Hill has often been at the center of.

She responded to these claims at a June conference in Manhattan.

‘Sports have always been political,’ Hill said in remarks reported by Yahoo Finance.

Hill said that athletes often push political agendas, ‘dragging’ sports journalists who cover them along with them.

She also implied that complaints over the alleged liberal bent were really racist sentiment in disguise.

‘As you see more ethnic diversity, then all of a sudden ESPN is too liberal,’ she said. ‘So I wonder, when people say that, what they’re really saying.’

WATCH:

http://eheadlines.com/espns-jemele-hill ... nick-rant/

;)2
0 x

stuporstitionist
Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:25 am

The Trump administration calling for the job of a citizen who criticizes him is exactly what the 1st Amendment is supposed to prevent.
0 x