Are You A Smartphone;

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
Post Reply
Antisteroidforce
Majesty
Posts: 4428
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:48 am

Are You A Smartphone;

Post by Antisteroidforce » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:09 am

R
E
T
A
R
D
?

Meaning do you place your smartphone into your hand the minute you awake and grip it all day long even when not using it? If you do is your thumb in an upright position ready to touch the phone even if you are not using it?

Are you able to ignore the ding while driving down a highway at 65 mph? Are you able to ignore the ding while driving in heavy traffic?

Do you walk off curbs in the city into the path of a vehicle because you're looking at your smartphone?

Inarguably one of the greatest inventions of our time. But its turned most of us (NOT ASF), into zombies and into smartphone;
R
E
T
A
R
D
S

Almost as disgusting as Modern Day Progressive Liberals.
1 x

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 5514
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: Are You A Smartphone;

Post by Pete » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:34 am

Im able to multi-task
0 x
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"............Rudyard Kipling

User avatar
I am Z
Global Moderator
Posts: 11049
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Are You A Smartphone;

Post by I am Z » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:41 am

I use my phone when necessary. I don't drive and text and my car has hands free Bluetooth.
0 x
of course, the term :lo2l: --"people of color" means the same thing as "col0red people"

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 5514
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: Are You A Smartphone;

Post by Pete » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 am

I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:41 am
I use my phone when necessary. I don't drive and text and my car has hands free Bluetooth.

Yeah with the advent of automotive bluetooth, headsets, voice-to-text, etc, the hands become less and less involved.

ASF is right tho; I still see people out there fiddle-effing around with their phones in traffic
1 x
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"............Rudyard Kipling

User avatar
chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 18369
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:27 pm

Re: Are You A Smartphone;

Post by chucky » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Antisteroidforce wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:09 am
R
E
T
A
R
D
?

Meaning do you place your smartphone into your hand the minute you awake and grip it all day long even when not using it? If you do is your thumb in an upright position ready to touch the phone even if you are not using it?

Are you able to ignore the ding while driving down a highway at 65 mph? Are you able to ignore the ding while driving in heavy traffic?

Do you walk off curbs in the city into the path of a vehicle because you're looking at your smartphone?

Inarguably one of the greatest inventions of our time. But its turned most of us (NOT ASF), into zombies and into smartphone;
R
E
T
A
R
D
S

Almost as disgusting as Modern Day Progressive Liberals.
I don't have a smartphone.
1 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

User avatar
Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Are You A Smartphone;

Post by Bigbaddoe » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Pete wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 am
I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:41 am
I use my phone when necessary. I don't drive and text and my car has hands free Bluetooth.

Yeah with the advent of automotive bluetooth, headsets, voice-to-text, etc, the hands become less and less involved.

ASF is right tho; I still see people out there fiddle-effing around with their phones in traffic
Yeah, still see that. And kids with their noses in their phones also. Walking down the street after school not looking where they are going. Texting someone they probably just talked to in school.
0 x

User avatar
I am Z
Global Moderator
Posts: 11049
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Are You A Smartphone;

Post by I am Z » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:33 pm

chucky wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:04 pm
Antisteroidforce wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:09 am
R
E
T
A
R
D
?

Meaning do you place your smartphone into your hand the minute you awake and grip it all day long even when not using it? If you do is your thumb in an upright position ready to touch the phone even if you are not using it?

Are you able to ignore the ding while driving down a highway at 65 mph? Are you able to ignore the ding while driving in heavy traffic?

Do you walk off curbs in the city into the path of a vehicle because you're looking at your smartphone?

Inarguably one of the greatest inventions of our time. But its turned most of us (NOT ASF), into zombies and into smartphone;
R
E
T
A
R
D
S

Almost as disgusting as Modern Day Progressive Liberals.
I don't have a smartphone.

people seemed wrapped up in their smartphone like it's some sort of pacifier. they sit next to each other in waiting rooms, airports, malls etc, and not utter a word. it's like a 'safe space"

:D1
1 x
of course, the term :lo2l: --"people of color" means the same thing as "col0red people"

User avatar
chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 18369
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:27 pm

Re: Are You A Smartphone;

Post by chucky » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:37 pm

I am Z wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:33 pm
chucky wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:04 pm
Antisteroidforce wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:09 am
R
E
T
A
R
D
?

Meaning do you place your smartphone into your hand the minute you awake and grip it all day long even when not using it? If you do is your thumb in an upright position ready to touch the phone even if you are not using it?

Are you able to ignore the ding while driving down a highway at 65 mph? Are you able to ignore the ding while driving in heavy traffic?

Do you walk off curbs in the city into the path of a vehicle because you're looking at your smartphone?

Inarguably one of the greatest inventions of our time. But its turned most of us (NOT ASF), into zombies and into smartphone;
R
E
T
A
R
D
S

Almost as disgusting as Modern Day Progressive Liberals.
I don't have a smartphone.

people seemed wrapped up in their smartphone like it's some sort of pacifier. they sit next to each other in waiting rooms, airports, malls etc, and not utter a word. it's like a 'safe space"

:D1
Yup they are dependent on it many use it as an alternative to thinking for themselves.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

Post Reply