NASA Chief, Once a Climate Science Denier, Changed His Mind Due To New Evidence

Are you a Gorebot? A Denier? Let's mix it up here and figure this issue out!
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

NASA Chief, Once a Climate Science Denier, Changed His Mind Due To New Evidence

Post by evilconempire » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:47 am

JUNE 8, 2018 BY DAVID G. MCAFEE

If you think it’s impossible to reach those who deny the scientific consensus surrounding climate change, think again.

The current head of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), a longtime denier of man-made climate change who was nominated by Donald Trump last year, has changed his mind on the issue. He first announced the change in perspective last month — see the video below — but now he’s going into detail about why.

NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine, a former congressman from Oklahoma who was sworn in this past April, says that his mind was changed only after hearing from “a lot of experts.” He “read a lot,” according to an interview with the Washington Post.

In the interview, Bridenstine said there was no single event that cause him to change his thinking. As chairman of the Environment subcommittee, he said he “listened to a lot of testimony. I heard a lot of experts, and I read a lot. I came to the conclusion myself that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas that we’ve put a lot of it into the atmosphere and therefore we have contributed to the global warming that we’ve seen. And we’ve done it in really significant ways.”

This is no small thing considering Bridenstine is a conservative Republican nominated by Trump and confirmed by a GOP-majority Senate. It’s also welcome news to a science community that’s been besieged by the Right, including through other government science-based agencies run by people who have no respect for the facts.
Even more importantly, though, I think it can be an example for the rest of us. If this man can change his mind on a controversial issue, despite the severe political backlash that’s sure to follow from conservatives, maybe there’s hope for others who hold views that aren’t based on evidence.

It’s also important to hear this claim from a member of an administration that has a history of denying humanity’s influence on the climate.

President Trump and Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt have not made similar pronouncements, however.

Trump has long denied climate change is real, once saying without evidence that it was “created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing noncompetitive.”

Last December, the president tweeted during a period of cold weather that “perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming.”

In March, Pruitt told CNBC that he didn’t think humans were a primary contributor to climate change, saying there’s “tremendous disagreement about the degree of impact.”

He’s lying. There isn’t “tremendous disagreement.” There is an incredibly clear consensus among scientists in the climate field. The disagreement comes almost entirely from conservative ideologues looking to cast doubt on the experts. Anyone who follows the evidence can see how much humans have contributed to radical shifts in the climate.

Thankfully, the NASA chief is now on the side of science and evidence… at least on this critical issue. If only he could convince Trump, Pruitt, and the rest of the science deniers in this administration.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Re: NASA Chief, Once a Climate Science Denier, Changed His Mind Due To New Evidence

Post by nolaxride » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:36 am

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:47 am

If you think it’s impossible to reach those who deny the scientific consensus surrounding climate change, think again.

The current head of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), a longtime denier of man-made climate change who was nominated by Donald Trump last year, has changed his mind on the issue. He first announced the change in perspective last month — see the video below — but now he’s going into detail about why.

NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine, a former congressman from Oklahoma who was sworn in this past April, says that his mind was changed only after hearing from “a lot of experts.” He “read a lot,” according to an interview with the Washington Post.

In the interview, Bridenstine said there was no single event that cause him to change his thinking. As chairman of the Environment subcommittee, he said he “listened to a lot of testimony. I heard a lot of experts, and I read a lot. I came to the conclusion myself that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas that we’ve put a lot of it into the atmosphere and therefore we have contributed to the global warming that we’ve seen. And we’ve done it in really significant ways.”

This is no small thing considering Bridenstine is a conservative Republican nominated by Trump and confirmed by a GOP-majority Senate. It’s also welcome news to a science community that’s been besieged by the Right, including through other government science-based agencies run by people who have no respect for the facts.
Even more importantly, though, I think it can be an example for the rest of us. If this man can change his mind on a controversial issue, despite the severe political backlash that’s sure to follow from conservatives, maybe there’s hope for others who hold views that aren’t based on evidence.

It’s also important to hear this claim from a member of an administration that has a history of denying humanity’s influence on the climate.

President Trump and Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt have not made similar pronouncements, however.

Trump has long denied climate change is real, once saying without evidence that it was “created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing noncompetitive.”

Last December, the president tweeted during a period of cold weather that “perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming.”

In March, Pruitt told CNBC that he didn’t think humans were a primary contributor to climate change, saying there’s “tremendous disagreement about the degree of impact.”

He’s lying. There isn’t “tremendous disagreement.” There is an incredibly clear consensus among scientists in the climate field. The disagreement comes almost entirely from conservative ideologues looking to cast doubt on the experts. Anyone who follows the evidence can see how much humans have contributed to radical shifts in the climate.

Thankfully, the NASA chief is now on the side of science and evidence… at least on this critical issue. If only he could convince Trump, Pruitt, and the rest of the science deniers in this administration.
I guess the president isn't aware of the Chinese move to renewable energy. China knows how badly it's screwed up the environment and its working to reverse that. in fact, China leads the world in renewable energy production with almost 400GW of renewable generation producing over 24 percent of the country's needs.
1 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

barrysoetoro

Re: NASA Chief, Once a Climate Science Denier, Changed His Mind Due To New Evidence

Post by barrysoetoro » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:14 pm

evilconempire wrote:

Get lost you godam piece of sh#t troll
0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 pm

nolaxridesucksevil wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:36 am
evilconempire wrote:

I guess the president isn't aware of the Chinese move to renewable energy. China knows how badly it's screwed up the environment and its working to reverse that. in fact, China leads the world in renewable energy production with almost 400GW of renewable generation producing over 24 percent of the country's needs.
so nobrain wakes up, sees evil posted something pro-global warming. Then nobrain says I'm gonna check this out. so he clicks on it. reads the article his boy evil cut'n pasted. agrees with everything it said, then retorts with yup yup yup.

I remember in the 70's all the factories in my hometown. All gone. And nobrain is happy. Why? Unknown. His base says to be happy, so he is.
0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:49 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 pm
evilconempire wrote:

so nobrain wakes up, sees evil posted something pro-global warming. Then nobrain says I'm gonna check this out. so he clicks on it. reads the article his boy evil cut'n pasted. agrees with everything it said, then retorts with yup yup yup.

I remember in the 70's all the factories in my hometown. All gone. And nobrain is happy. Why? Unknown. His base says to be happy, so he is.
So you think that pollution requirements killed all of those factories? Tell me, what factories have closed in your hometown. Let's take a look at reality.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:55 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:49 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

So you think that pollution requirements killed all of those factories? Tell me, what factories have closed in your hometown. Let's take a look at reality.
I see this dimwit is posting his homoerotic fantasies again. He changed your name in his reply. I'm so glad I put him on ignore.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:11 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:55 pm
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

I see this dimwit is posting his homoerotic fantasies again. He changed your name in his reply. I'm so glad I put him on ignore.
That's what children do. And children with augsburgers always demand special attention.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:50 pm

nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

And taxes, and regulations, all brought to you by your Democrat Party.
0 x

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:56 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:55 pm
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

Lol!!! This asshole reads my posts then brags about having me on ignore.

If Americans want Obamacare, then why did you vote for a guy who's against it?

Somebody bump this so he can see it.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:27 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:50 pm
nolaxride wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

And taxes, and regulations, all brought to you by your Democrat Party.
You didn't answer all of the questions. Which ones? Let's get really granular and see how many factories left beause of regulations and taxes.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius