In this time of Covid-19 a sweet distraction

American Football (must be logged in to view NFL Pool subforum)
DallasDimeBags
Caporegime

In this time of Covid-19 a sweet distraction

Post by DallasDimeBags » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:33 pm

The NFL draft starts tonight. And even though the format will be far different I for one am ecstatic to watch it.
0 x

Evil
Consigliere

Re: In this time of Covid-19 a sweet distraction

Post by Evil » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:37 pm

I'm looking forward to it too. It's sports-adjacent anyway. I can't wait to find out how the Lions will blow this one.
0 x
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."
- Mark Twain

lust4beer
Caporegime

Post by lust4beer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:44 pm

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:33 pm
The NFL draft starts tonight. And even though the format will be far different I for one am ecstatic to watch it.
Lots of fantasy talent in this draft
0 x
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

:kneeface:

DallasDimeBags
Caporegime

Post by DallasDimeBags » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:48 pm

Evil wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:37 pm
I'm looking forward to it too. It's sports-adjacent anyway. I can't wait to find out how the Lions will blow this one.
in my view the Lions would be best served by trading down to the 5 spot with Miami. They should still be able to get Jeff Okudah there and with the extra pick(s) they might get from the trade focus on the secondary some more as well as the O-line and the WR slot.
1 x

DallasDimeBags
Caporegime

Post by DallasDimeBags » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:51 pm

lust4beer wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:44 pm
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:33 pm
Lots of fantasy talent in this draft
The WR spot is LOADED like I've never seen it loaded before. Some nice RB's like Swift and Clyde Edwards-Helaire,Jonathan Taylor or Dobbins could be really productive as rookies.
1 x

Evil
Consigliere

Post by Evil » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:53 pm

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:48 pm
Evil wrote:
in my view the Lions would be best served by trading down to the 5 spot with Miami. They should still be able to get Jeff Okudah there and with the extra pick(s) they might get from the trade focus on the secondary some more as well as the O-line and the WR slot.
I've been saying the same thing. If the trade isn't there then hopefully Chase Young is. If he isn't I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Tua, but ownership probably won't allow them to put pressure on Stafford like that.
0 x
- Mark Twain

KC_
Caporegime

Post by KC_ » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:56 pm

Evil wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:53 pm
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Evil wrote:
I've been saying the same thing. If the trade isn't there then hopefully Chase Young is. If he isn't I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Tua, but ownership probably won't allow them to put pressure on Stafford like that.
Without a physical by your own doctors Tua is far to risky a pick that high. Young is going #2 to the Redskins.
0 x
”I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.”

Stephane Charbonnier

DallasDimeBags
Caporegime

Post by DallasDimeBags » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:57 pm

Evil wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Evil wrote:
Getting Chase Young in the 3 hole would be a steal of mammoth proportions in my view as I view him being the top overall taken in the draft. I am pretty sure he goes second overall. Tua seems like a terrific young man and is a very accurate passer and a true warrior as the LSU game clearly showed but his injuries would put me off taking him in the top 5.
0 x

KC_
Caporegime

Post by KC_ » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:00 pm

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:57 pm
Evil wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Evil wrote:
Getting Chase Young in the 3 hole would be a steal of mammoth proportions in my view as I view him being the top overall taken in the draft. I am pretty sure he goes second overall. Tua seems like a terrific young man and is a very accurate passer and a true warrior as the LSU game clearly showed but his injuries would put me off taking him in the top 5.
Tua is pretty brittle. His best bet is the Chargers where he can apprentice behind Tyrod for a year like Mahomes did as a rookie.
0 x
”I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.”

Stephane Charbonnier

Evil
Consigliere

Post by Evil » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:05 pm

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:57 pm
Evil wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Evil wrote:
I don't expect him to be there, but if he is... I see more value with Derrick Brown than Okudah, but either would be a good pick.
0 x
- Mark Twain