Board runs slow on Chrome

Please report any glitches
User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 31445
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Board runs slow on Chrome

Post by barrysoetoro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:13 am

Runs better on Firefox, but still some lag. Pete?
0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

User avatar
maxwell
Royal Highness
Posts: 1738
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: Board runs slow on Chrome

Post by maxwell » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:25 am

barrysoetoro wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:13 am
Runs better on Firefox, but still some lag. Pete?
You might as well blame brookboy. Isn't he the bane of your existence?
Last edited by maxwell on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
:rock: & then there's YOU, the reason God gave us the middle finger :demonfinger:

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 7029
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: Board runs slow on Chrome

Post by Pete » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:33 am

Do an F5

In the meantime Ill clear board cache

Let me know
0 x
"I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish" Gilbert Gottfried

User avatar
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 34076
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Board runs slow on Chrome

Post by evilconempire » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:38 am

My chrome at home lags bad on this board. I get an "unauthenticated scripts trying to load" message when typing posts. If I allow then the board is no longer secure, ie no "https"
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 7029
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: Board runs slow on Chrome

Post by Pete » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:46 am

evilconempire wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:38 am
My chrome at home lags bad on this board. I get an "unauthenticated scripts trying to load" message when typing posts. If I allow then the board is no longer secure, ie no "https"
We are behind a little bit on our version of the software. Ill look at the calendar to see when I have time to update. A good clean install will often clean up a multitude of bugs
0 x
"I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish" Gilbert Gottfried

User avatar
Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Board runs slow on Chrome

Post by Bigbaddoe » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:59 pm

I use Microsoft edge with windows 10.
0 x

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 7029
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: Board runs slow on Chrome

Post by Pete » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:18 pm

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:59 pm
I use Microsoft edge with windows 10.
How is your performance?

I don't see major slowdowns on my PC but
1) I believe some members are seeing slowdowns and
2) I am not thrilled with a couple 'under the hood' issues I see

I'm trying to schedule an upgrade to the latest version now, although we are not very far behind. Will make a board announcement as soon as I know when. Shooting for wee hours if I can
0 x
"I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish" Gilbert Gottfried

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 7029
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: Board runs slow on Chrome

Post by Pete » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:11 pm

tentative board upgrade scheduled midnight tonight eastern time. may take a couple hours.

:ordinateur: if you get bored don't forget http://aibafs.freeforums.net/. i'll open up the US Poli board perhaps
0 x
"I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish" Gilbert Gottfried

User avatar
Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Board runs slow on Chrome

Post by Bigbaddoe » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:16 pm

Pete wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:18 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:59 pm
I use Microsoft edge with windows 10.
How is your performance?

I don't see major slowdowns on my PC but
1) I believe some members are seeing slowdowns and
2) I am not thrilled with a couple 'under the hood' issues I see

I'm trying to schedule an upgrade to the latest version now, although we are not very far behind. Will make a board announcement as soon as I know when. Shooting for wee hours if I can
I have no problem with Microsoft edge. But when I use IE or Firefox everything is sluggish. Windows 10 does not like to play well with those.
0 x

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 7029
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: Board runs slow on Chrome

Post by Pete » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:31 pm

I have a Win10 machine at home. I'll take a look this evening.

Hopefully the upgrade this evening will get us squared away
0 x
"I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish" Gilbert Gottfried

Post Reply