MIKE PENCE MAKES STRONG OPENING FOR PRESIDENT WITH FREEDOM AGENDA

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
brookboy123
Caporegime

Re: MIKE PENCE MAKES STRONG OPENING FOR PRESIDENT WITH FREEDOM AGENDA

Post by brookboy123 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:03 am

Adios to Social Security and Medicare?
1 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:31 am

brookboy123 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:03 am
I'm still wondering why we don't have a single-payer system that covers everyone. Switzerland has implemented single-payer, and the capitalistic health insurance companies are doing fine. Everyone contributes monthly.

The bottom line... taking care of health care up front is less expensive than using the emergency room for primary care.
1 x
-- 滑板車是個文盲

antilib
Global Moderator

Post by antilib » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:12 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:31 am
brookboy123 wrote:
I'm still wondering why we don't have a single-payer system that covers everyone. Switzerland has implemented single-payer, and the capitalistic health insurance companies are doing fine. Everyone contributes monthly.

The bottom line... taking care of health care up front is less expensive than using the emergency room for primary care.
The fraud of single-payer health care

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... alth-care/ :triste4:
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:13 pm

antilib wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:12 pm
nolaxride wrote:
brookboy123 wrote:

I see the moonies are still playing fast and loose with the facts. And you're being a little disingenuous posting an article that's nearly three years old.

As of 2019, the only way to arrive at a substandard level of Medicare or Medicaid care is to include nursing home outcomes. Remove nursing home outcomes, and M/M is both cost-effective and efficacious. Then there's the claim that these ACA-inspired are restrictive? Have the moonies forgotten that ACA removed the restrictions against preexisting conditions? The ACA also created a base level of care and service for every insurance policy. No more el cheapo policies that denied more care than they provided.

Socialized medicine? Sorry. That's not what single-payer is. Look at Switzerland as an example. There's a single-payer and all of the care and administration is by private companies. I would suggest that the moonies assertion that Swiss medicare is inferior to US medical care is a bald-faced lie. The only ones disregarding the facts are the moonies.
1 x
-- 滑板車是個文盲

lust4beer
Caporegime

Post by lust4beer » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:40 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:42 pm
thelionofthenorth wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:29 am
Evil wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:20 am
Zero chance of the nomination.
Yeah, the Rumpling wing wants to hang him for treason, and the sane Republicans will never forgive him for four years of suckupism.
True. But the primary debates will certainly illustrate the difference between Pence, a man of principle and policies, and Trump's, the Michigan 'Man of the Year's" cult of personality.
Principles?

Don’t give him too much credit for the certifying the election, he didn’t want to, he had to

If he has principles he’d testify under oath to DOJ and sink his ex-boss for good
Last edited by lust4beer on Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

:kneeface:

lust4beer
Caporegime

Post by lust4beer » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:43 pm

brookboy123 wrote:
Yes

He has zero chance of winning because of his moronic statement

He also wants a federal ban on abortion

Nobody in their right mind would vote for him
0 x
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

:kneeface:

antilib
Global Moderator

Post by antilib » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:57 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:13 pm
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
brookboy123 wrote:

I see the moonies are still playing fast and loose with the facts. And you're being a little disingenuous posting an article that's nearly three years old.

As of 2019, the only way to arrive at a substandard level of Medicare or Medicaid care is to include nursing home outcomes. Remove nursing home outcomes, and M/M is both cost-effective and efficacious. Then there's the claim that these ACA-inspired are restrictive? Have the moonies forgotten that ACA removed the restrictions against preexisting conditions? The ACA also created a base level of care and service for every insurance policy. No more el cheapo policies that denied more care than they provided.

Socialized medicine? Sorry. That's not what single-payer is. Look at Switzerland as an example. There's a single-payer and all of the care and administration is by private companies. I would suggest that the moonies assertion that Swiss medicare is inferior to US medical care is a bald-faced lie. The only ones disregarding the facts are the moonies.
i'm a veteran, nolax, but i choose to pay and use a private insurance company, if you're to cheap to buy your own that's too bad, stop whining and get a life, arsehole!! :machine-gun:
0 x

Chester Cheesewright
Underboss

Post by Chester Cheesewright » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:14 pm

antilib wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:57 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:13 pm
antilib wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
brookboy123 wrote:

i'm a veteran, nolax, but i choose to pay and use a private insurance company, if you're to cheap to buy your own that's too bad, stop whining and get a life, arsehole!! :machine-gun:
► Are poor people cheap?
0 x
► Watching fat cats get taxed touches the very depths of a Republican’s soul

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:24 pm

Social Security: Hands down the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on the American people. It might be OK if it was back in the vault and people got a good honest payout. The way it is now, the money goes to Big Gov by the carload and them gets doled out with tweezers. Im the meantime the weasels have looted the money. What a joke
1 x
If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

MiltantCentrist
Caporegime

Post by MiltantCentrist » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:45 pm

Pete wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:24 pm
Social Security: Hands down the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on the American people. It might be OK if it was back in the vault and people got a good honest payout. The way it is now, the money goes to Big Gov by the carload and them gets doled out with tweezers. Im the meantime the weasels have looted the money. What a joke
SS works fine as long as Congress does not loot it.
0 x