CBS Poll: 70% Of Americans Would Wait To Get Or Skip Chinese Coronavirus Vaccine Altogether

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
nolaxride
Global Moderator

Re: CBS Poll: 70% Of Americans Would Wait To Get Or Skip Chinese Coronavirus Vaccine Altogether

Post by nolaxride » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:21 pm

psk836 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:34 pm
About the only change I’ve made in my life is I wear a face diaper when I go to the store. I still don’t know anyone who has gotten the virus and have not heard of anybody getting the virus. So I don’t feel any real need to get a rushed, minimally tested and unproven vaccine. And if I get the bug and happen to be one of the few unlucky ones to develop significant morons I plan to just take Hydroxychloroquine and go about my business.
I'm glad you trust in God and Darwin. So did Herman Cain.
1 x
-- Ο Μπάρι είναι ηλίθιος

psk836
Caporegime

Re: CBS Poll: 70% Of Americans Would Wait To Get Or Skip Chinese Coronavirus Vaccine Altogether

Post by psk836 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:06 am

How did my iPhone take “symptoms” and get “morons”?

Yes Nola, some people, particularly people in their 70s or older (like Cain) and African American (like Cain) and with multiple comorbidities are at elevated risk. I recommend they take extra precautions and perhaps the untried untested and unproven vaccine would be an option. But again, for me it isn’t worth the risk until it is all proven out. The point is likely moot because vaccination will almost certainly become compulsory.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:53 pm

psk836 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:06 am

Yes Nola, some people, particularly people in their 70s or older (like Cain) and African American (like Cain) and with multiple comorbidities are at elevated risk. I recommend they take extra precautions and perhaps the untried untested and unproven vaccine would be an option. But again, for me it isn’t worth the risk until it is all proven out. The point is likely moot because vaccination will almost certainly become compulsory.
I hope not. I believe God and Darwin will do a great job of thinning the herd.
0 x
-- Ο Μπάρι είναι ηλίθιος

brookboy123
Caporegime

Post by brookboy123 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:39 am

nolaxride wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:53 pm
psk836 wrote:

God and Darwin sure do team up a lot during the course of things.....to take care of things.

My Jesuit teachers spoke very highly of one of God's most intelligent creations, Charley Darwin.
1 x

Chester Cheesewright
Soldier

Post by Chester Cheesewright » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:15 am

psk836 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:48 am
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07/27 ... cine-poll/

"The poll found that more than two third of Americans, 70%, would either wait to see what happens when other got the shot or would never get one. Fewer than one in three would get the vaccine right away."

"Curiously, only 27% of those most at risk for COVID-19, Americans over age 65, would get the vaccine right away. And liberals are more than twice as likely to get one immediately than conservatives."
And liberals are more than twice as likely to get one immediately than conservatives."
► That makes sense, since so many of you white wing nut jobs believe CV19 is a hoax
0 x

lust4beer
Soldier

Post by lust4beer » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:54 am

psk836 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:48 am
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07/27 ... cine-poll/

"The poll found that more than two third of Americans, 70%, would either wait to see what happens when other got the shot or would never get one. Fewer than one in three would get the vaccine right away."

"Curiously, only 27% of those most at risk for COVID-19, Americans over age 65, would get the vaccine right away. And liberals are more than twice as likely to get one immediately than conservatives."
Sign me up, It’s the patriotic thing to do
0 x
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

:kneeface:

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:45 pm

brookboy123 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:39 am
nolaxride wrote:
psk836 wrote:

God and Darwin sure do team up a lot during the course of things.....to take care of things.

My Jesuit teachers spoke very highly of one of God's most intelligent creations, Charley Darwin.
There's nothing like a Jesuit education, IMHO. Instead of rote learning, they actually taught critical thinking. Here's just one example that I think illustrates.

Bob can complete a job in 14 days and working together Bob and Jim can complete do the same job in 10 days. In what time can Jim alone do the work?

And at the college level, try this one.

Determine the revenue function R(x) from the sale of x manufacturing equipment. R(x)=____

The engineering department estimates that $14,000 dollars of new manufacturing equipment needs to be purchased. The cost of constructing each macihne will be $150. The department also estimates that the revenue from each machine will be $500 dollars.
0 x
-- Ο Μπάρι είναι ηλίθιος

DallasDimeBags
Soldier

Post by DallasDimeBags » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:53 pm

brookboy123 wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
psk836 wrote:

I heard they typically referred to him as Chuck. Just saying........................

<G>
0 x

brookboy123
Caporegime

Post by brookboy123 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:51 am

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:25 pm
Personally, I’m going to be first in line.

I’ve got too many people I care about to risk infecting them.
I'll be second in line.
0 x

brookboy123
Caporegime

Post by brookboy123 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:03 am

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:53 pm
brookboy123 wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
psk836 wrote:

I heard they typically referred to him as Chuck. Just saying........................

<G>
The Jesuits tend to be thinkers.

In a Church that one is hard-pressed to find much of which to be proud, the Jesuits of today fill the void for this retired Catholic.
1 x